Tokyo Rail Days Trip | Day 4 : Fujiyama & Kawaguchiko
Yellow, Maroon & Black coordination for our outfit today.
While my sister went Faux Fur and mom went Dark Fuschia!
I love cable-knit shawl.
This is our Azusa7 train, from the inside.
I always try to buy different flavor of can drinks from the vending machines. This one is a hot milk tea. Japanese vending machines are so convenient I could literally spend all of my coins trying everything inside it!
2. FUJISAN EXPRESS
Look at those faces!
Me and the cutest Fujisan smiles.
The Fujisan Express menu form where we can get information of what they sell onboard.
Take a window seat so you can enjoy Mount Fuji as the background... it's just too beautiful, esp. on a bright day!l
We passed the famous Fujikyu Highland, the adventure park! Next time I'd definitely visit this place and take a ride on its wild rollercoaster.
3. KAWAGUCHI LAKE CRUISE
The dock upon Kawaguchi Lake Bus Stop
Our old-styled boat for the mini cruise.
Now, let the pictures talk for itself...
4. FUJIYAMA MUSEUM
5. SIGHT-SEEING AROUND THE LAKE
7. ITCHIKU KUBOTA ART MUSEUM
8. DEPARTING HOME
PERSONAL OPINION : IN EVERY DESTINATION WE GO, THERE WILL BE A FAMOUS PLACES AND MUST-VISIT TOURIST ATTRACTION. THE KAWAGUCHI LAKE AREA AND MOUNT FUJI ARE TWO OF THEM. COST-FRIENDLY, BEAUTIFUL SCENERY, MANY SPOTS FOR ART AND NATURE ENTHUSIAST. put them on your travel itinerary!
It's been, as always, a delightful day with Tokyo Rail Days! <3
DESTINATION : KAWAGUCHI lAKE, YAMANASHI
1. Depart from Tokyo Station by Train - JR CHUO Line (8:01) → Shinjuku Station (8:15)
2. Continue from Shinjuku Station with Train - Azusa7 (8:30) to Otsuki Station (9:39)
3. From Otsuki Station, take the special Fujisan Express Train (9:46) to Kawaguchi Lake Station (10:35)
4. Arrived at Kawaguchi Lake Station then go to the Main Exit, take the bus to Kawaguchi Lake.
Total Trip Time : (approximately) 2,5 hours.
TIPS FOR FIRST-TIMER
If you want to visit Kawazu too, you can use Tokyo Rail Days Tour package - just like we did. It's easy and cheaper to travel around by using train, and it's not as difficult as what people think, so I recommend this to everyone who wants to experience the nature outside Tokyo on one-day trip. Some advantages of using Tokyo Rail Days:
- To refresh your mind about this trip, please read this post first: WHAT IS TOKYO RAIL DAYS?
- Tokyo Rail Days Tour is EASY TO GET. You can purchase from LOCAL TOUR AGENTS in your country (in Indonesia, most established Travel Agents have provided the tour, so you can ask them for the available tour packages (based on the season) and they will help you to plan and reserve the tickets.
- You can check the promotion and offered package on TOKYO RAIL DAYS WEBSITE (click on the link), then consult with your agents about how you can buy the packages. You can also try to make online itinerary and set the date/time/etc via the website. Payment can be done online or via tour agent. EASY TO BUY!
- The tour packages are cheaper and only available for non-Japanese tourist. So it's a very good deal for us. EASY TRY!
- Tokyo Rail Days is a flexible tour, so you can pick your own schedule and train time by yourself. No need to hire a private guide at all (that can cost A LOT).
- The train is clean, convenient and easy to get in. Most staff in the station also understand English, so there's no need to be worried about not getting helped. The train is also available in direct routes, so don't worry about changing trains. EASY GO!